Start Your Journey of Personalized Care
Become more informed, gain insights, and receive the right
treatment for the right diseases.
- Tests over 60 genetic variants in ABCG8, APOA5, APOB, CASR, CFTR, CLDN2, CTRC, GGT1, HLA-DQA1, HLA-DQB1, LPL, PRSS1, PRSS1-PRSS2, SLC10A2, SLC26A9 and SPINK1.
- Assesses risk for pancreatitis, celiac disease, gallstones, and hypertriglyceridemia, and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Recommended for individuals who may be at risk or have had an attack of pancreatitis.
- The cost of Pancreatitis SNaP-Shot is $299. Pancreatitis SNaP-Shot + Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot (PGx) bundle is $399.
Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot (PGx)
- An affordable clinical pharmacogenomics (PGx) test that helps identify how individuals are likely to respond to a medication or a specific medication dose.
- By analyzing genetic variants from 27 genes, Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot provides genetic insights to match appropriate medication and dosage to individuals.
- It can also help avoid adverse drug events that are associated with specific genetic variants.
- Covers more than 125 medications used to treat a wide range of medical conditions.
- Genes assessed: ABCG2, ADRB1, BCHE, CACNA1S, COMT, CYP2B6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP4F2, DPYD, G6PD, GRK5, IFNL3, IFNL4, MT-RNR1, MTHFR, NAT2, NUDT15, OPRM1, POLG, RYR1, SCN1A, SLC28A3, SLCO1B1, TPMT, UGT1A1, VKORC1.
- The cost of Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot (PGx) is $249. Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot (PGx) + Pancreatitis SNaP-Shot bundle is $399.
How It Works
Talk To Your Doctor
Talk to your care provider to see if genetic testing may be helpful for your care. If appropriate, they can place an order using our secure online portal.
After the order has been placed, you will receive an email invitation to complete registration for testing.
A DNA collection kit will be shipped to your home.
Once you send us your sample, we will conduct your genetic analysis. The results will be released to your care provider first, so they can go over the results with you, and then released to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
For Pancreatitis SNaP-Shot
Anyone who has had an attack of acute pancreatitis, especially if they have had more than one attack. In addition, anyone who has signs or symptoms of pancreatic disease such as abdominal pain after eating, chronic diarrhea, abnormal findings on a CT or MRI scan, or an abnormal laboratory test linked to the pancreas. An early evaluation may possibly prevent lengthy and costly evaluations, delayed diagnosis and more complications.
For Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot
Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot may be appropriate before a new medication is prescribed, if you have a history of poor drug response or adverse drug reactions, or if you are prescribed multiple medications. It is available as an add-on during the ordering process.
Pancreatitis SNaP-Shot analyzes genes that are related to pancreatitis and its complications, including ABCG8, APOA5, APOB, CASR, CFTR, CLDN2, CTRC, GGT1, HLA-DQA1, HLA-DQB1, LPL, PRSS1, PRSS1-PRSS2, SLC10A2, SLC26A9 and SPINK1.
Pharmacogenomics SNaP-Shot analyzes data from 27 genes related to drug metabolism (pharmacokinetics) and action (pharmacodynamics), including ABCG2, ADRB1, BCHE, CACNA1S, COMT, CYP2B6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP4F2, DPYD, G6PD, GRK5, IFNL3, IFNL4, MT-RNR1, MTHFR, NAT2, NUDT15, OPRM1, POLG, RYR1, SCN1A, SLC28A3, SLCO1B1, TPMT, UGT1A1, VKORC1.
Ariel accepts payment from all major credit cards or by check.
Checks should be made payable to: Ariel Precision Medicine
Ariel Precision Medicine
5750 Centre Ave, Suite 270 Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Ariel does offer a payment plan. Contact Ariel customer support to discuss further at (844) 692-7435.
After your order is placed, you will receive an email invitation to register for testing through Ariel’s patient portal.
In the patient portal, you will be asked to complete your account registration, consent and pay for testing. Once this is complete, you have the opportunity to answer some questions about your symptoms, your health history and whether anyone else in your family has similar symptoms.
Ariel will send you an easy-to-use and non-invasive DNA collection kit to your home where you will collect your cheek swab sample and send it back to our laboratory for analysis.
Ariel will send a new kit to you to provide a new sample for processing.
Turnaround time for testing is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time your sample is received in our laboratory.