MEDICINE PRIVACY STATEMENT ARIEL PRECISION MEDICINE, INC., (“ARIEL,” “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to the ARIEL website. ARIEL has established this Privacy Statement to inform you (“You”) of the specific practices and guidelines that help ensure the security and confidentiality of Your personal information. By using or accessing in any way the websites we control and operate, including www.arielmedicine.com (our “Websites”), our online physician portal “https://www.arielmedicine. com/physician” (our “Physician Portal”), our online medical professional portal “https://www.arielmedicine.com/mpro” (our “Medical Professional Portal”), our online patient portal (our “Patient Portal”) or by transmitting information to us by email or other electronic means, You agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any services and products provided to You by Ariel directly or through the Websites may be governed by the written agreement(s) entered into between You and Ariel, and, in the event of any conflict between this Privacy Statement and such written agreement, the written agreement shall apply for the services covered by such written agreement. CONSENT By accessing the Websites, You are consenting to Our collection, use, processing, and disclosure of Your information as set forth in this Privacy Statement, which may be modified from time to time. You should review this Privacy Statement from time to time so that You are updated on any changes. If You do not wish to consent to Our collection, use, processing and disclosure of Your information, , please do not access the Websites, create accounts or access any of the ARIEL portals. DEFINITIONS
- “NPI” is information that is not personally identifiable and that is obtained through Your use of the Website.
- “PII” is non-public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to You, including personally identifiable information You provide during the registration process or during Your use of the Websites. It may include information such as name, email, phone number and address that You provide to Ariel. PII does not include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to contact or identify You. For the sake of clarity, PII does not refer to Protected Health Information (as defined at 45 C.F.R. § 160.103) or individually identifiable information of individuals, other than You, that is protected by state or federal privacy laws.
- Operate and improve the Website;
- Track use of the Website;
- Create Your account
- Provide You with the Website and other products and services that You may request or that You have expressed interest in, including services provided to You under a written agreement entered into between You and ARIEL;
- Evaluate Your interest and needs in order to improve the Website and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services ARIEL makes available to You and potential customers;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to You through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send You reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing; and
- ARIEL may disclose aggregated and anonymized data to its business partners.
- ARIEL may share Your account name, certain information You provide ARIEL, content You upload and messages to ARIEL and other users of the Website at Your request. For example, when You communicate on public forums or to other users of the Website, Your communications, account name, and other account information may be viewable by other users of the Website, in accordance with any distribution or viewing limitation options provided by ARIEL that You select.
- ARIEL may share PII in limited fashion to ARIEL’s contractors and service providers that perform services on ARIEL’s behalf, including, but not limited to, operation of the Website technology, data analytics, marketing services, and other related services. Unless You have opted-out (see Paragraph E. below) of such sharing, these contractors also may have access to Your email address or mobile phone number to send newsletters or special promotions to You on ARIEL’s behalf or to send emails to You for purposes such as conducting market research on ARIEL’s behalf. Access to Your PII by such contractors and service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for ARIEL. ARIEL also contractually requires that such contractors and service providers: 1) protect the privacy of Your PII consistent with this Privacy Statement, and 2) not use or disclose Your PII for any purpose other than providing ARIEL with products and services as required by law.
- ARIEL may share PII ARIEL collects, as permitted by law, to companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to You or others, to protect property, or if We determine such disclosure is legally advisable or necessary to defend or assert legal rights or prevent harm, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that ARIEL is legally compelled to disclose Your PII to a third party, ARIEL will attempt to notify You unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- If the entire or substantial ownership of the Website were to change, or in the event of another sale or transfer of some or all of ARIEL’s assets, Your user information, including PII, may be transferred to the new owner so the Website can continue operations. In any such transfer of information, Your user information, including PII, would remain subject to the promises of ARIEL’s then current Privacy Statement. If You prefer that ARIEL does not share Your PII as described in this Paragraph E, You can direct ARIEL not to share that PII by contacting ARIEL (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If You prefer that ARIEL does not share certain information with third parties, as described above, You can direct ARIEL not to share that information by contacting Us (email@example.com). Please note that an opt-out with respect to information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described in Paragraphs D or E.
- Information available to Us through weblogs about Your traffic on other websites; or
- Information You give ARIEL on applications or other forms while using the Website, including, without limitation, the information You provide in creating Your account; or
- Information You send ARIEL via any medium, including, but not limited to the Website email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- Information You, or a third party on Your behalf, send ARIEL to create or authenticate Your account; or
- If You use a mobile device platform to access the Website or communicate with ARIEL, information transmitted from Your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from or provided by third parties.
5750 Centre Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
(844) 692 7435
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 2021